Amazon Affiliates Program: A Comprehensive Guide on How to Get Started. Amazon affiliate sign up, Amazon affiliate program login, Amazon affiliate program requirements, Amazon affiliate link generator, Amazon Associates app, Amazon affiliate commission, Amazon affiliate Pakistan, Best affiliate programs.
Amazon Affiliates Program: A Comprehensive Guide on How to Get Started
Amazon is one if not the largest retailer in the world. About 40% of inline sales in the US come from Amazon. Amazon also gives the public a chance to share in their profits through the Amazon Associates program. This is an affiliate marketing program that allows users to get commissions by referring people to purchase products on Amazon.
In this article, we will talk about the Amazon affiliate marketing program and how you can get started. Without further ado, let’s jump into it.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is simply a process where a marketer promotes a product using a unique link and gets paid when someone buys a product by clicking through that unique link.
Affiliate marketing creates an opportunity for the merchant to increase brand reach and sales through a form of marketing with little to no cost. Most affiliate marketing usually takes the pay per sale format, pay per click, or pay per lead format.
In the pay per sale format, you get paid after a customer purchases a product through your affiliate link. The pay-per-click format allows you to get paid once someone visits a website through your affiliate link.
It doesn’t matter if the visitor purchases a product or not. With the pay per lead format, you get paid based on the number of website visitors who sign up as leads.
How Does Amazons Affiliates Program Work?
The Amazon Associates program is a referral program that pays you a commission for bringing customers to buy products on Amazon.
When a customer visits Amazon through a link on your website or social media platform and buys a product, you get a percentage cut from the sale made. How much you get depends on the type of item the customer bought.
There are a few things to note with this affiliate program. The first is that it doesn’t just end at getting commissions from sales. Your conversion rate also matters. Why? Because it shows how many people are clicking on your affiliate link and making a purchase with your affiliate link.
Another thing to consider is that you only earn a commission if the customer buys a product within 24 hours of visiting Amazon from your link. As long as the item was added to the cart within 24 hours from your affiliate link, you will get your commission after the customer buys the product.
Pros of Becoming an Amazon Affiliates
- Amazon is a trusted marketplace
- It costs nothing to be an Amazon affiliate
- It doesn’t matter what niche you chose. There are lots of products to promote.
- Amazon never fails to pay affiliate marketers their commission.
- Amazon has good customer service. You don’t need to worry about your audience bringing the heat of a product to your website or social media page.
Cons of the Amazon Associates Program
- The commission rate is quite low compared to other affiliate programs.
- The cookies last for just 24 hours.
- There is no option to get paid via PayPal. The options you get are direct deposit, check, or Amazon gift card.
How To Become An Amazon Affiliates
Becoming an Amazon affiliate marketer is simple.
- The first step is to visit the affiliate program website and click “Join Now for Free“.
- On the page that emerges, you will enter your account information which includes your name, address, and phone number.
- You will also be asked to input the websites and mobile app URLs where you plan to show your banners and affiliate links. You can fill up to 50 websites and mobile app URLs.
- The next section allows you to choose a store ID and give information about your websites and the products you want to promote.
- After that, you will need to give detailed information on how you drive traffic to sites, how you build links, and how many unique visitors you get monthly.
- Once you are done with this section, you simply have to input your phone number and click the ” Call Me Now” button to receive a call from Amazon. Input the four-digit PIN you get and your account will be set up.
- The last step is choosing how you want to be paid. You can be paid via check, direct deposit, or Amazon gift cards.
- You can then proceed to your dashboard to get the affiliate links for the products you want to promote.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to make passive income from your home. If you have a website with valuable content that you can add affiliate links to, the Amazon Associates program is a simple way to start earning income from your blog posts.
However, it doesn’t just end at getting affiliate links and wishing someone buys a product from your affiliate link. You also need to study what the market needs, providing valuable content to meet those needs, and help the market find solutions to their problems with products from Amazon.